Folks just being up front here. I'm a doer, I'm not a paper work guy. I have a church to build in Prescott Arizona which is my first priority and involves doing on the ground ministry, so posts will be from time to time when something weights heavy on my brain. Not trying to be mean but that is my personality and approach to ministry ops. I made an observation while on active duty as a Chaplain. 90% of chaplains spent most of their time in their office reading, typing stuff to the detriment of their soldiers. The other 10% of us Chaplains get out among the soldiers full time and engaged them daily, we impacted lives, we were doers. The following is from the script of "We were soldiers." LTC Hal Moore commander of the 1st Squadron 7th United States Cavalry is fighting the battle of Ia Drang Valley. In the middle of the fight Gen. Westmoreland wants to pull LTC Moore out of the fight for a debriefing, wow, talk about misplaced priorities. LTC Moore responds.....
RTO: "Brigade headquarters wants you out on the first chopper at dawn."
LTC Moore: "What idiot would keep ordering that in the middle of a goddamn battle?
RTO: "Gen. Westmoreland wants a briefing."
LTC Moore: "Give me the horn. I am in a fight... and I object to this order to return to Saigon. Now, I will not leave my men. Is that clear? Out."
I promise content folks so don't grow disheartened, this adventure will be awesome.
I am a Priest in the Anglican Church of North America (ACNA). I am a Husband to Darcien Balog, 26 Years. I am a Father to four pretty cool kids (they are still not cooler than us parents) Ashleigh, John, James and Nick. I have one Grandchild Aramis (now he's real cool). I am a Soldier. The highlight of my Army Career was being assigned to the 3rd Squadron 7th United States Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division. I conducted two Combat tours with them to Iraq; the 2003 OIF invasion and 2005 OIF 3. I've seen God work in awesome ways, more so than most civilian Pastors could ever know.